- an interest group that tries to influence legislators or bureaucrats to act in their favor, typically through lobbying
How To Use advocacy group In A Sentence
- WASHINGTON, Aug 26 (OneWorld. net) - Eighty-nine years after U.S. women finally won the right to vote, advocacy groups are pressing the Obama administration to promote women's equality worldwide and paying tribute to an "indefatigable" champion of women's rights, Senator Edward M. Kennedy. OneWorld.net (U.S.) - beyond your own borders
- Consumer advocacy groups are predictably outraged and are calling for fee caps.
- HONG KONG – The right-wing US advocacy group Freedom’s Watch is reportedly shutting down, as its main funder, casino magnate Sheldon Adelson, becomes one of the high-profile casualties of the global economic downturn. 27 « November « 2008 « Niqnaq
- And politicians and bureaucrats, not to mention corporate lobbyists and advocacy groups, thrive on their abilities to influence tax policies.
- One of ACORN's legacies is the thousands of its former staff people who over many years learned organizing, research, and lobbying skills from ACORN and went on to work in many other public interest and grassroots activist and advocacy groups -- unions, immigrant rights and environmental groups, health reform groups, consumer groups, and even as staffers to progressive legislators. Peter Dreier: Why ACORN Fell: The Times , Lies, and Videotape
- Some think the advocacy group is more a fearmonger than a watchdog. Houston Chronicle
- Upper class advocacy groups using identity politics claim that a federal republic will "disintegrate" Nepal, missing the way enfranchisement brings a genuine patriotism that can't be faked, or glossed over by rulers speaking in the name of all. Kasama
- Such a clear-eyed perspective as offered by a leading economist is refreshing, welcome and must surely add to the voice of activists and advocacy groups around the world.
- Similar advocacy groups in several other states also are planning legal action modeled on the Maryland and Connecticut suits.
- The old codgers' advocacy group - AARP - pays only 17 per cent of its revenue in administration.