[ US /ædˈvæntɪdʒ/ ]
[ UK /ɐdvˈɑːntɪdʒ/ ]
[ UK /ɐdvˈɑːntɪdʒ/ ]
the quality of having a superior or more favorable position
the experience gave him the advantage over me
- (tennis) first point scored after deuce
benefit resulting from some event or action
reaping the rewards of generosity
it turned out to my advantage
give an advantage to
This system advantages the rich
How To Use advantage In A Sentence
- Naturally, this makes interpersonal relations, especially with societies unexposed to the advantages of the American lifestyle, a little difficult.
- Benecken characterized the entire hacking case as "ultramodern" and said that, in a way, it exemplified the "downside" of today's digital age "that can easily been taken advantage of by savvy youths with those skills and a lot of time. Hackers Allegedly Steal New Gaga Songs, Rumored Ke$ha Sex Photo
- The solution obtained by dissolving the absorbent albuminoid in the buffer advantageously contains 6% by weight of this albuminoid.
- A freeloader is a person who takes advantage of others 'generosity without giving anything in return. Reddit.com: what's new online!
- Some groups consistently face discrimination: age is one mode of socially structured disadvantage.
- There are some fantastic pubs and inns nearby but you should take advantage of the welcome pack you receive on arrival. The Sun
- Her dress showed her tanned skin to great advantage.
- Some of the most popular pairings pitted contrasting advantages and disadvantages against one another.
- How anyone could have read some sinister intent into those views is indeed puzzling, and illustrates well how those damned Jewshow certain hypersensitive and overly privileged people who feel superior to the rest of the world are willing to cut their own throats for short term advantage by using unjustified charges of anti-semitism to point out how they take advantage of their position in any nation or institution who trusts them so as to benefit their own in group at the expense of that nation or institution. The Volokh Conspiracy » Why Catholics and Jews?
- The biggest qualm I have with fair trade is its basic ignorance of comparative advantage.