an adult person who is male (as opposed to a woman)
there were two women and six men on the bus
How To Use adult male In A Sentence
- Officials suspect three or four sub-adult male grizzlies are responsible for this year's sightings, having paddled and island-hopped their way westward from the B.C. mainland. Grizzly Bears Sighted On Vancouver Island
- Adult male elephants are generally solitary or associate with other bulls in loose associations while females live in families.
- Since the population of adult males in Britain is many million, there are obvious savings to be made using these techniques.
- They are covered with reddish brown hair, and the sides of the face, in adult males, are commonly produced into two crescentic, flexible excrescences, like fatty tumours. Essays
- Their principal enemy is the leopard, but even leopards will avoid an encounter with the larger, adult males who are courageous and vicious adversaries.
- Even if other voices joined the bass in some or all of the verses, a low adult male voice certainly sang throughout, as if to underscore the psalm's sombre mood.
- Torrent salamanders are characterized by unique squared-off glands behind the vent in adult males.
- The most complete fossil was that of an adult male skull lacking a lower jaw found embedded in ancient cemented sands.
- In the wild, the pygmy hog lives in small family groups of about four to five individuals, comprised of one or more adult females and accompanying juveniles, and occasionally an adult male.
- Adult male albino rats were housed in the controlled temperature and photoperiod.