[ US /ˌeɪdɹiˈætɪk/ ]
- an arm of the Mediterranean between Slovenia and Croatia and Montenegro and Albania on the east and Italy on the west
How To Use Adriatic In A Sentence
- We offer accommodation in all cities including hotels in Ljubljana, at Bled lake, in Maribor and Kranj, or near Adriatic Sea in Koper, Portoroz and Izola. Undefined
- The cities of Padua and Verona were wiped from the face of the earth; and the last glories of Venice sank for ever beneath the sea as the waters of the Adriatic came - thundering landwards after the hammer-blow from space. Rendezvous With Rama
- By the way, none of this is to suggest that the designation “Serbo-Croatian” is or should be politically or culturally neutral, or that its use effectively sidesteps the fact that the languages of the former Yugoslavia have indeed evolved on distinct paths since the Middle Ages.1 But to get back to your free trip to Italy, there are arguably at least as many tongues on that side of the Adriatic. The English Is Coming!
- For $21.99 per person you can sample a dozen items off the menu, which includes souvlaki, moussaka and Adriatic shrimp.
- But nothing prepared us for the staggering Alpine beauty of the region – flower-filled meadows, crystal-clear rivers and lakes – nor the views from Nebesa's chalets; snow-capped mountains to the east, endless valleys to the west, trailing down to the Adriatic. Summer holidays: 10 of the best trips for couples
- The population structure in the vairone is, in principal, in agreement with the two main ichthyogeographic districts (PV and TL), except for the two populations in the Middle Adriatic, which we identify as additional major "district". BioMed Central - Latest articles
- Our readers seem to like it chilly, but this year Adriatic sunshine has won through, pipping perennial favourites Iceland, Finland and Norway.
- Italy relies on Adriatic anchovies as its primary source of the fish, which is a popular ingredient in pasta sauces and pizza toppings. Times, Sunday Times
- Breed of dog named after the Adriatic coastal region of Dalmatia, its first definite home.
- A handful of shivering Albanians are fished out of the Adriatic, distressed beyond belief, hoping desperately for signs of missing relatives.