[ US /əkˈjuəti/ ]
[ UK /ɐkjˈuːɪti/ ]
[ UK /ɐkjˈuːɪti/ ]
a quick and penetrating intelligence
he argued with great acuteness
I admired the keenness of his mind
- sharpness of vision; the visual ability to resolve fine detail (usually measured by a Snellen chart)
How To Use acuity In A Sentence
- The length should be that of the bandaging; the breadth, three or four fingers; thickness, three or fourfold; number so as to encircle the limb, neither more nor less; those applied for the purpose of rectifying a deformity, should be of such a length as to encircle it; the breadth and thickness being determined by the vacuity, which is not to be filled up at once. On The Surgery
- If slipping into your jammies and turning off the lights isn't enough to give you mental refreshment, or if stress and anxiety leave your brain a mess, try one of these mental-acuity agents.
- Vigilance is needed for any features of possible optic neuropathy, such as blurred vision, impaired colour perception, and reduced visual acuity
- Symptoms include near vision image blur, abnormal color perception, monocular diplopia, glare, and impaired visual acuity, and may vary depending on location of the cataract.
- Although Jameson is clear-eyed about the corrosive effects of modernity, his methodology nevertheless seemed to require his allegiance to secularization and to convergence theories of modernization; moreover, the acuity and insight of the readings produced by this methodology served to justify that faith a posteriori. Introduction
- Nurse practitioners practice in a variety of settings, ranging from intensive care units to ambulatory care units, with varying degrees of acuity.
- The way by which all things emerge from vacuity is the Way.
- There aren't many stories that combine emotional acuity, formal daring and finely crafted gags quite like this. Times, Sunday Times
- The athletes were tested for visual acuity, refractive error, oculomotor skills, stereopsis, color vision, contrast sensitivity, eye-hand coordination, eye-foot coordination, and overall ocular health.
- The biggest display ads of the season could not disguise the vacuity of the event.