make itself felt as a recurring pain
My arthritis is acting up again
misbehave badly; act in a silly or improper way
The children acted up when they were not bored
How To Use act up In A Sentence
- The question was so unexpected that , for a moment , she was at a loss how to act up properly.
- The worrying thing is how those in power interpret the way we vote and act upon it to stay in power.
- May this book be widely read and may millions heed its warnings and act upon its advice. The Residue Report - an action plan for safer food
- By gravitation the sun and planets act and react upon one another.
- The kid likes to act up for the benefit of anyone who cares to notice.
- He ruffled some feathers by suggesting ‘if blogging is to go mainstream, bloggers will have to sharpen their act up considerably’.
- The downturn has had the same impact upon the industry as it has every other sector, but the fashion business has demonstrated that focusing on the sales channels which provide the best and most measurable returns will still deliver competitive advantage, "he said. The Earth Times Online Newspaper
- There are windows of tourism opportunity opening regularly but no-one available to spot them and act upon them before they slam shut.
- Such strategies possess the common theory and act upon the common pattern and framework.
- The dart used with the _sumpit_ is usually made of a thin splinter of the _nibong_ palm, stuck into a round piece of very light wood, so as to afford a surface for the breath to act upon. Children of Borneo