[ UK /ɐkˈɜːsɪd/ ]
[ US /ˌæˈkɝst/ ]
[ US /ˌæˈkɝst/ ]
- under a curse
How To Use accursed In A Sentence
- I. iii.21 (405,9) He shall live a man forbid] Mr. Theobald has very justly explained _forbid_ by _accursed_, but without giving any reason of his interpretation. Notes to Shakespeare, Volume III: The Tragedies
- So he drave out to Miriam, who ran at him with the best of her skill and charged him with the goodliness of her cleverness and her courage and her cunning in fence and cavalarice, crying to him, “O accursed, O enemy of Allah and the Moslems, I will assuredly send thee after thy brothers and woeful is the abiding-place of the Miscreants!” The Book of The Thousand Nights And A Night
- I don't know if it works, or whether it is in an appropriate RSS version, but it was free, and didn't require me to do any work other than find my accursed BlogStreet password.
- They're on a great overtime rate, they're being put up in decent hotels and have got a week away from the accursed paperwork.
- But I had forgotten those accursed books of poetry.
- If we keep this mighty nation one and inseparable, we shall have answered it forever; if not, why then those who revile man as vile and irreclaimably degraded may raise their pæans of triumph; the black spectres of antique tyrants may clap their hands gleefully in the land of accursed shadows, and hell hold high carnival, for, verily, it would seem as if they had triumphed, and that hope were a lie. The Continental Monthly, Vol. 1, No. 2, February, 1862 Devoted To Literature And National Policy
- The citadel is under the command of the baron of Auchinleck; he, with his brave followers, being the first to hail the burning of the accursed Barns of Ayr. The Scottish Chiefs
- Unpadded, the butt jarred into my shoulder every time I pulled the trigger on the accursed gun, causing no small amount of pain.
- To slightly rephrase Hal in his next play, Henry V, ‘And gentlefolk in New York now abed / Shall think themselves accursed they were not here.’
- I am accursed, and any who sees my face shares that curse.