[ US /əˌbɔɹtəˈfeɪʃənt/ ]
- causing abortion
- a drug (or other chemical agent) that causes abortion
How To Use abortifacient In A Sentence
- One of its prime uses was as an abortifacient and emmenagogue.
- Abortifacient effects of mifepristone combined with water bag and rivanol were observed in 187 cases.
- Whether normal oral contraceptives work as abortifacients (that is, whether they prevent implantation as well as preventing fertilization) has been a matter of some debate.
- Many chemists had their own mixtures of herbal abortifacients.
- But instead I suffered through that Vaseline ad with the female vocalist clicking her tongue like an experimental psychiatry enthusiast and that absolute abortifacient which is the soundtrack to the Ford Kuga ad. Arse End Of Ireland
- The two forms of birth control mentioned, IUDs and anovulatory pill, are both potentially abortifacient. "[B]irth control ... messes with God’s will, God’s will to permanently relieve me from cat litter duty. Because God has nothing better to do."
- The World Health Organization has put two abortifacient drugs on its list of essential medicines to offer an alternative to surgical methods that are often used in developing countries.
- Evidence that women used abortifacient herbs dates back to the Egyptians.
- Large doses of ashwagandha may possess abortifacient properties; therefore, it should not be taken during pregnancy.
- Several so-called contraceptive herbs are actually abortifacients and can be dangerous.