opponent vs supporter
- characterized by active hostility
- a contestant that you are matched against
- someone who offers opposition
If to "get 'borked' was 'to be unscrupulously torpedoed by an opponent ... to get' miered '[i] s to be' unscrupulously torpedoed by an ally. '
So I stare down at the pool table and pretend to study my opponent's next move.
They inflicted severe psychological damage on their opponents.
- a support for the genitals worn by men engaging in strenuous exercise
- a person who contributes to the fulfillment of a need or furtherance of an effort or purpose
- a person who backs a politician or a team etc.
- someone who supports or champions something
- a band (usually elastic) worn around the leg to hold up a stocking (or around the arm to hold up a sleeve)
The turning supporter facilitates the closing of the cargo container and simultaneously provides the reinforcement to the cargo container.
Direct Mail One of the most effective ways to recruit and encourage members and supporters is by direct mail.
Indeed, the chants of ‘York, York, York’ which greeted the final hooter summed up what the supporters thought of their performance and, in particular, their fightback.