far vs near
- being the animal or vehicle on the right or being on the right side of an animal or vehicle
- beyond a norm in opinion or actions
- located at a great distance in time or space or degree
- being of a considerable distance or length
- to a considerable degree; very much
- at or to a certain point or degree
- remote in time
- at or to or from a great distance in space
- to an advanced stage or point
Shah went forth with her for a distance of three parasangs; after which he bade farewell to her and the Wazir and those with him, and returned to his home in gladness and safety.
Chlorophyll is only one of several pigments found in plants, but it is by far the most important.
The fin's origin is relatively far behind the pelvic fin insertion.
- giving or spending with reluctance
- with or in a close or intimate relationship
- being on the left side
- very close in resemblance
- closely resembling the genuine article
- (of actions or states) slightly short of or not quite accomplished; all but
- near in time or place or relationship
- move towards
This came out of an investigation he was carrying out into when a ternary quartic form could be represented as the sum of five fourth powers of linear forms.
He called the foiled butt "Really juicy and nearly perfect.
If there was any hope of holding on to even a shred of her dwindling self-respect, she should do exactly what she knew Margo would do—close the laptop, take her de-scrunchied, perfumed, and nearly thonged self down to the nearest club, pick up the first passably good-looking stranger who asked her to dance, and bring him back to the apartment for some safe but anonymous sex.