dull vs interesting
- not clear and resonant; sounding as if striking with or against something relatively soft
- (of business) not active or brisk
- being or made softer or less loud or clear
- lacking in liveliness or animation
- blunted in responsiveness or sensibility
- make dull in appearance
- make dull or blunt
- become less interesting or attractive
- deaden (a sound or noise), especially by wrapping
- make numb or insensitive
If you think of a piece of hair as a pencil, the medulla is the graphite, the cortex is the wood, and the paint on the outside is the cuticle.
For the viewer or the reader, this can be a pleasant experience, a feeling of ease, without boredom or dullness.
Thank you for making learning not a dull thing but a great joy.
- arousing or holding the attention
She has certainly branched out into more interesting work in recent years.
The most interesting statistic on the list is the large number of accidents where the pilot attempted to land with the gear down with amphibious floats.
Such football titbits always float to the surface on third-round day which remains the best, most hectic, interesting and fun day of the season - and this one was even more frenetic than usual.