delicious vs awful
- variety of sweet eating apples
It was the policy of the good old gentlemen to make his chileren feel that home was the happiest place in the world; and I value this delicious home---feeling as one of the choicest gifts a parent can bestow.
We'll fry anything - as long as it's fryable and edible, we'll make it deliciousable.
His skin had felt deliciously cool against her heated flesh as his hard body moved against hers.
- extreme in degree or extent or amount or impact
- inspired by a feeling of fearful wonderment or reverence
- exceptionally bad or displeasing
- causing fear or dread or terror
- inspiring awe or admiration or wonder
- used as intensifiers
This patronising voice with a whine and an awful regional accent was talking.
by lawful/legal means. Lawful tends to be used in technical or literary contexts. The same is true of the opposites, unlawful and illegal, but illegal is used especially about criminal activities. Legal also means 'connected with the law':the US legal system.
It seems the awful practice of hazing is not just limited to college sororities and fraternities.