attack vs defence vs protection
- a decisive manner of beginning a musical tone or phrase
- intense adverse criticism
- the onset of a corrosive or destructive process (as by a chemical agent)
- ideas or actions intended to deal with a problem or situation
- a sudden occurrence of an uncontrollable condition
- launch an attack or assault on; begin hostilities or start warfare with
- take the initiative and go on the offensive
- begin to injure
- set to work upon; turn one's energies vigorously to a task
- attack someone physically or emotionally
Blackpool Scorpions notched their first away win of the season against a good attacking Leigh team.
IS is said to have used chlorine gas in attacks and built up a substantial chemical weapons cache.
Airline officials are calling the attack a suicide attempt.
- a defendant's answer or plea denying the truth of the charges against him
- the defendant and his legal advisors collectively
- the act of defending someone or something against attack or injury
- (sports) the team that is trying to prevent the other team from scoring
- (psychiatry) an unconscious process that tries to reduce the anxiety associated with instinctive desires
The right back found himself in unfamiliar territory in the opposing penalty area after a swift exchange of passes that opened up Reading's defence.
‘Ah Dublin, you're giving it away,’ he wailed in the 55th minute, as the Dublin defence fluffed its lines yet again, giving Laois another unearned scoring opportunity.
One could argue that such a missile defence system would bring about the abandonment of ballistic missiles as strategic weapons.