Difference between rock and paper and pneumatolysis
- United States gynecologist and devout Catholic who conducted the first clinical trials of the oral contraceptive pill (1890-1984)
An empty plastic 2 litre bottle is tied to a rock, or bag of stones with strong twine or string.
The snow relented and we were back to a rocky descending path.
The performance had the legislature, including the subjects of the barbs, rocking with laughter.
- cover with paper
- cover with wallpaper
- an essay (especially one written as an assignment)
- a scholarly article describing the results of observations or stating hypotheses
- a material made of cellulose pulp derived mainly from wood or rags or certain grasses
- a medium for written communication
- the physical object that is the product of a newspaper publisher
My generation was raised on a diet of stultifyingly tedious, but worthy accounts of embryology, typically very badly printed on what appeared to be rice paper.
If we have spent several class periods introducing conventions of reasoned evidence in argumentative writing, we usually look for such features in student papers.
That's as it should be, as the newspaper has a global audience but not global printing presses.