Difference between purl and purl
- make a murmuring sound
- flow in a circular current, of liquids
- embroider with gold or silver thread
- knit with a purl stitch
- edge or border with gold or silver embroidery
- a basic knitting stitch made by putting the needle through the front of the stich from the righthand side
- gold or silver wire thread
The search for a replacement cause brought with it shallow opportunism, the honing of public relations skills and a ragbag of nostrums, some of them purloined from its political opponents.
The water gurgled and purled, loudly at first, then softly, as a powerful foot-wide whirlpool took shape.
The other, often easier, method is to exchange the purline for a much stronger and larger one.