Difference between conflict and variance
- opposition in a work of drama or fiction between characters or forces (especially an opposition that motivates the development of the plot)
- a state of opposition between persons or ideas or interests
- a disagreement or argument about something important
- opposition between two simultaneous but incompatible feelings
- a hostile meeting of opposing military forces in the course of a war
- go against, as of rules and laws
- be in conflict
China says it respects the legitimate status of President Mahmoud Abbas and the Palestinian National Authority (PNA) while calling on Palestinian forces to end conflicts.
Goal conflicts make this socio-economic leap extremely difficult for any individual to absorb.
Some find it repugnant, others see them as casualties in an undeclared war that is greatly preferable to the alternative of full-scale conflict.
- a difference between conflicting facts or claims or opinions
- an official dispensation to act contrary to a rule or regulation (typically a building regulation)
- an activity that varies from a norm or standard
- the second moment around the mean; the expected value of the square of the deviations of a random variable from its mean value
- the quality of being subject to variation
Such conditions produce overdispersion, wherein the variance exceeds the mean.
Problems such as background noise determination, analysis of variance, and errors in data handling are highlighted.
So looking at whether something makes people happy is largely futile. In statisticians' terms, you are looking for variance in something that is invariant.