Difference between brown and clearing
- make brown in color
- fry in a pan until it changes color
- (of skin) deeply suntanned
- of a color similar to that of wood or earth
- an orange of low brightness and saturation
The lizard's light brown skin acts as camouflage in the desert sand.
Obama "cherishes" a trinket and a book given to him by Gordon Brown, and he worships them like tiny gods by keeping them in a little pagan altar he set up in the Oval Office.
The Chief Inspector has suggested a complete overhaul of the good book, reducing it to a pacier 250 pages, a greater focus on “Floods and brimstone and other cool stuff” and a possible rewrite by Dan Brown to “Sex the whole thing up a bit.”
- a tract of land with few or no trees in the middle of a wooded area
- the act of removing solid particles from a liquid
- the act of freeing from suspicion
A couple of weeks ago, while glassing four female Meneliks bushbuck two hundred yards away feeding in a tiny clearing during a pouring rain, a nice male stepped into view.
Over the winter months we've been doing a great deal of clearing up on our part-neglected croft garden, grubbing out and shredding dead shrubs and cutting back those that have either grown too large or are crowding others.
The orchestrated escort and the accompanying police violence in clearing the picket reflected the involvement of city based police, the local constabulary having been cooperative with the workers.