- 1) 1000 bytes, though this is the technically accurate definition as an SI unit.
- 2) computing a unit of storage capacity, 1024 (210) bytes : kibibyte
- 3) A unit of computer memory or data storage capacity equal to 1,024 (210) bytes.
- 4) One thousand bytes.
- 5) a unit of information equal to 1024 bytes
- 6) a unit of information equal to 1000 bytes
- 1) One million bytes. SI Symbol: MB
- 2) computing 1,048,576 bytes; a mebibyte. Frequently abbreviated MB.
- 3) One million bytes.
- 4) A unit of computer memory or data storage capacity equal to 1,048,576 (220) bytes.
- 5) a unit of information equal to 1000 kilobytes or 10^6 (1,000,000) bytes
- 1) However, use of Base 2 when using the word kilobyte, for example, is deprecated.
- 2) If you change a single kilobyte out of a 30GB file, rsync will swap just that single kilobyte.
- 3) Verizon told George Vaccaro that bandwidth charges in Canada were .002 cents per kilobyte, but billed him at .002 dollars, or 100 times as much as he was quoted.
- 4) “There was something about so much per kilobyte downloaded, but one really has no idea what kilobytes are used to check an e-mail,” Sehmer says in the Vancouver Sun post, which adds:
- 5) The truth is that not a single kilobyte flowing through its modern fibers has yet reached our computers.
- 6) That would be plausible if error were a fixed and uniform entity, like a kilobyte or a quart.
- 7) In any of these scenarios, remember that going online by mistake can incur per-kilobyte charges that might make international-roaming fees look cheap.
- 8) Even "normal" BOL subscribers -- who get 256 kilobyte-per-second connections -- pay $1,500 per month for their subscriptions.
- 9) Fees could range up to 4.55 won (0.4 U.S. cents) per 0.5 kilobyte used.
- 10) ‘There are 8 bits in a byte, 1024 bytes in a kilobyte, and 1024 kilobytes in a megabyte.’
- 11) ‘We used to measure data in terms of kilobytes and megabytes; now gigabytes and terabytes are the terms commonly discussed.’
- 12) ‘We used a folder with 893MB of mixed data, with file lengths varying from a few kilobytes to tens of megabytes - 1470 files in all, some in the root directory, some in folders.’
- 13) ‘By convention, when we say, for example, that a PC has 640K of memory, we mean 640 kilobytes, or 655,536 bytes of RAM.’
- 14) ‘The €50 package offers an upload speed of 256 kilobytes per second and a download speed of 1500 Kbps.’
- 1) ‘We used to measure data in terms of kilobytes and megabytes; now gigabytes and terabytes are the terms commonly discussed.’
- 2) ‘Here is a quick explanation of bytes, megabytes, and so on, and some estimates of the storage requirements of various sorts of information.’
- 3) ‘The software requires only five megabytes of hard disk space and 16 megabytes of random access memory (Ram).’
- 4) ‘I've been writing for years about how the price of hard drives has tumbled down to a penny a megabyte and here I was paying almost 20 cents a megabyte!’
- 5) ‘The Editor's Internet service provider will not process files larger than two megabytes.’