- the branch of chemistry concerned with fermentation (as in making wine or brewing or distilling)
How To Use zymology In A Sentence
- When the acyclic adenosine analog was tested in the antiviral screen, it showed antiherpetic activity in vitro at about twice the concentration of ara-A The antiviral program now concentrated on the acyclic nucleoside analogs, with the syntheses conducted by Schaeffer and Beauchamp, the antiviral testing by Bauer and Collins, and the mechanisms of action, enzymology and in vivometabolism by my group (108,109). Nobel Lecture The Purine Path To Chemotherapy
- Nonaqueous enzymology is nowadays an active area of work, having matured to a point where, besides its large implications in basic protein science, it has an important impact in biotechnology, from where grew its roots.
- Our technical approach combines proprietary advances in synthetic chemistry, surface chemistry, molecular biology, enzymology, array technology and optics.
- It's a property known as ‘promiscuity’, one that's being increasingly recognized as important in enzymology and enzyme evolution.
- However, all the advances of ribozymology notwithstanding, the prospects of a bona fide ribozyme replicase remain dim as the ribozymes designed for that purposes are capable, at best, of the addition of ~10 nucleotides to a oligonucleotide primer, at a very slow rate and with fidelity at least an order magnitude below that required for the replication of relatively long RNA molecules [28,29]. Again, there is absolutely no teleology involved
- In the near future, the hospital will also have automatic and computerized equipment in the laboratories, immunological radio tests, fast diagnosis using microbiology, clinical immunology and enzymology, clinical genetics, electronic microscopy, immunochemistry. INAUGURATION OF THE CENTRO HABANA HOSPITAL
- A notable exception is the study of nonaqueous enzymology.
- Several excellent recent reviews cover different aspects of the biochemistry and enzymology of glycine decarboxylation and its relation to plant metabolism.
- How to optimize Vitamin D supplementation to prevent cancer, based on cellular adaptation and hydroxylase enzymology. Leo Galland, M.D.: Vitamin D: Beware the Hype
- The Coris launched a full-fledged effort in enzymology, concentrating on phosphorylase, the enzyme which converts glycogen to glucose-1-phosphate. Gerty Theresa Cori.