[ US /ˈzʊɹɪk/ ]
the largest city in Switzerland; located in the northern part of the country
Zurich is the center of the German-speaking part of Switzerland
How To Use Zurich In A Sentence
- Paris doesn't feel that old, especially after all the time I spent in the compact, windy streets of the old City of Zurich.
- He has also worked with symphonies and chamber groups from the Brooklyn Philharmonic to Zurich's Ensemble Fur Neue Musik.
- Zurich surveyed firms to see if they carry out risk assessments of employees before letting them drive on business.
- PhD opportunity in geophysical / geochemical process modeling of magma emplacement and fluid exsolution: Zurich, Switzerland Science jobs from ETH Zurich: job description Naturejobs - All Jobs
- They went to the cosmodrome at Plesetsk, along with other young scientists from Edinburgh and Zurich and a party from the European Space Agency.
- Reye's early interest in mathematical physics and meteorology turned to an interest in geometry even while he held the lectureship in mathematical physics at Zurich.
- Mr. Goetschel is the official animal lawyer for the Swiss canton of Zurich, a sort of public defender who represents the interests of pets, farm animals and wildlife.
- The union has written to Zurich asking for clarification of the situation.
- I found a beautiful little city, its medieval spires sitting astride the River Limmat and its face turned to the crystalline waters of Zurichsee, a lake so clean its water has been certified safe to drink.
- ZURICH - Archaeologists in the Swiss city of Zurich have unearthed a 5,000-year-old door that may be one of the oldest ever found in Europe. Yahoo! News: Business - Opinion