- a unit of information equal to 1024 exbibytes or 2^70 bytes
- a unit of information equal to 1000 exabytes or 10^21 bytes
How To Use zettabyte In A Sentence
- “In the next 12 months there will be a zettabyte of information on the Internet,” said Dr. James Baty, distinguished engineer, VP and chief technology officer of Sun Microsystems. Social Networking & Dawn of the Zettabyte Era
- A zettabyte is the equivalent of 1 billion terabytes — or nearly a billion times the data stored on the various drives in my apartment. Social Networking & Dawn of the Zettabyte Era
- Humanity's total digital output currently stands at 8,000,000 petabytes—which each represent a million gigabytes—but is expected to pass 1.2 zettabytes this year.
- IDC reports that the world's storehouses of digital information contained 281 exabytes of data in 2007 an exabyte is a one followed by 18 zeroes and they will hold six times as much by next year, an increase to 1.8 zettabytes. Unlocking The Power Of Big Data
- To put things in perspective about the unabated growth of video traffic, Shetty said it is appropriate to start thinking in terms of the zettabyte, which is the same as 1,000 exabytes. PC World
- We are talking just under half a Zettabyte.
- With global IP traffic in 2013 expected to top 500,000,000,000,000,000,000 bytes (half a zettabyte, which is one trillion gigabytes), IBM CEO Sam Palmisano is warning that "our country will not be prepared for a new world that is increasingly built on the fusion of the physical and the digital" without a huge national broadband upgrade driven by private-sector funding and "enlightened" government policy. InformationWeek - All Stories And Blogs
- This means that 1,000 exabytes equals 1 zettabyte (ZB), and 1,000 zettabytes equals 1 yottabyte (YB).
- A yottabyte, the largest defined capacity measurement, is equal to 10 to the 24th (a septillion) power and a zettabyte is 10 to the 21st.
- We will soon describe storage in new terms such as zettabytes (1021 or 1,000 exabytes), and yottabytes (1024 or 1,000 zettabytes).