[ UK /zˈɛfɐ/ ]
[ US /ˈzɛfɝ/ ]
[ US /ˈzɛfɝ/ ]
a slight wind (usually refreshing)
the breeze was cooled by the lake
as he waited he could feel the air on his neck
How To Use zephyr In A Sentence
- It is also known as the windflower and zephyr flower.
- Surges of energy, kaleidoscopic sunlight through the leaves, the soft breeze that makes me want to say the word "zephyr" -- this mindless simplicity can be called happiness. Bella Tuscany: Summary and book reviews of Bella Tuscany by Frances Mayes.
- Eurique Zephyrique tonat domus, omnia plenis Rura natant foflis, atque omnis navita ponto Humida vela legit. P. Virgilii Maronis Opera
- Not a bird, not an insect, not a zephyr relieves that hot, heavy silence.
- And Nur al-Din saw a fair bystreet, swept and sprinkled, whereon the zephyr blew and made pleasantness pervade it and the leaves of the trees overshaded it. The Book of The Thousand Nights And A Night
- Plant Nomenclature • Family Cucurbitaceae - Genus Cucurbita • species pepo - summer squash, pumpkin, acorn squash maxima - hubbard, buttercup, kabocha moschata - butternut, Long Island Cheese mixta - variety or cultivar Zephyr, Howden, Tiptop Blue Ballet, bonbon Waltham butternut Green striped cushaw - Also in the Cucurbitaceae family: Cucumis melo Recently Uploaded Slideshows
-  O quoties dixi Zephyris properantibus illuc, Anatomy of Melancholy
- Intelligence beamed in his eye; a modest assurance reigned upon his brow; respect made his step vigilant as a zephyr's; and his ruffles were the envy of the world! Devereux — Volume 01
- The _Mary_ -- for so Fritz now called the pinnace -- had been ten days at sea, the wind had died away, and for some time scarcely a zephyr had ruffled the surface of the water, the sails were lazily flapping against the mast, and but for the currents, the voyagers would have been almost stationary. Willis the Pilot
- Zephyrus hated Hyacinthus because he scorned him, and preferred his corrival Apollo.