the fourth pillar of Islam is almsgiving as an act of worship
the zakat is earmarked for the poor and disabled
How To Use zakat In A Sentence
- One of the quickest ways of getting help is to go to the mosque and ask for zakat.
- If so, dedicate the next issue to the topic of Zakat and Sadaqa and how they help the poor and the needy.
- This is the time of the year - the month of Ramadan -- when you traditionally spend a lot of time thinking about what your parents called "zakat" - giving to the less fortunate. William Fisher: The Silence of the Shams
- Alms are given to the poor; this zakat is another of the five pillars of the faith.
- If they did not discharge your zakat according to Shariah, your zakat obligation will not be fulfilled.
- No jizya was the tax for non muslims in an ISlamic state who felt they should not par take in Islamic practice of Zakat. Lionheart
- In the modern Islamic banking system, it has become one of the service-oriented functions of the Islamic banks to be a Zakat Collection Centre and they also pay out their Zakat .
- Many give their zakat to less fortunate family members or those in their community. Times, Sunday Times
- Muslims pray five times a day; give alms, or zakat, to the poor; and fast during the month of Ramadan.
- While we pray five times and fast and pay our zakat and go to the hajj, we have lost our souls.