[ US /ˈzæftɪɡ/ ]
(of a female body) healthily plump and vigorous
a generation ago...buxom actresses were popular
How To Use zaftig In A Sentence
- You are zaftig or voluptuous or curvy or full-bodied, panduriform - a cello Popular in the last 8 hours
- Keen attention is paid to organic features, from the topography of an aging woman's wrinkles, to the soft flesh of a zaftig figure on her bed, or the delicate layer of snow on an apple tree. Bill Bush: The Haze of Memory: This Artweek.LA (September 19-26)
- The "zaftig" Daisy Rock Zebra Butterfly Jumbo is as graceful and beautiful a guitar as Daisy Rock has ever produced. Gearwire -
- Because muscle is denser than fat, a lean, muscular athlete may weigh more than a zaftig woman of the same height who doesn't work out.
- There are an unending parade of zaftig, high-chested, round-bottomed babes and bimbos parading in short-shorts and tight tee-shirts all around the track and pit areas.
- Her subjects are usually depicted with faraway Botticelli eyes and zaftig physiques, placed amid quasi-Platonic iconographic schemes and classical-looking drapery.
- My American friend drove off with the zaftig owner of the restaurant.
- While I'm not in favor of euphemisms (My favorite is "zaftig", by far), "heavy" and "big" are accurate terms. Original Signal - Transmitting Buzz
- I wish I were comfortable enough to look zaftig,' she said in a recent interview, using the Yiddish phrase for'nicely rounded'. Times, Sunday Times
- In my opinion, Jewish women are the authority on this body image stuff -- Jews invented the word zaftig and live lives peppered with proverbs like "Worries go down better with soup" and the ever-uplifting, "Eat and drink for tomorrow you may die. Leslie Goldman: Oy, You Should Eat!