How To Use z-axis In A Sentence
- The calibration problem is particularly acute in the z-axis (normal to the surface).
- The resolution of the height measurement is mainly limited by the z-axis noise, which is normally a few tenths of a nanometer under standard imaging conditions.
- The x-axis of the couch represents Maassen's brain waves in hertz, while the y-axis shows the amount of alpha activity as a percentage, and the z-axis is the time in milliseconds.
- Two of the three reaction wheels (for manoeuvring, SumbandilaSat has magnetic torquer rods, three reaction wheels, and a propulsion system with a small thruster), namely the Z-axis and the Y-axis wheels, cannot be used anymore, probably owing to a power distribution system failure. Engineering News | Home
- The angle θ1 is the colatitude (polar) angle of the rotated vector r1 and hence is the angle with the rotated vector r2, which lies along the z-axis. Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium - Recent changes [en]
- The distance between images taken along the optical z-axis and the number of images projected into a single plane is indicated.
- The machine has a sliding Z-axis that employs a digital ballscrew drive; the X-axis has hydrostatic guideways.