[ US /ˈjumə/ ]
- a town in southwestern Arizona on the Colorado River and the California border
- the Yuman language spoken by the Yuma
- a member of the North American Indian people of Arizona and adjacent Mexico and California
How To Use Yuma In A Sentence
- This study describes the attitudes of a middle-class Mexican family toward the Spanish of a Chicana bilingual teacher from Yuma, Arizona.
- Curiosity drew Yuma to the enlarged opening to the interior passageway. INCA GOLD
- A bright flash of light broke out and surrounded Ryuma, his screams slightly muffled by the thickness of his own energy.
- One sign of trouble: in just the past two decades, farmers tapping into the local aquifers have helped to shorten the North Fork of the Republican River, which starts in Yuma County, by 10 miles. Liquid Gold
- We went to the Mexican Consulate in Yuma, AZ yesterday morning with our paperwork. Moving to Mexico next year, have questions...
- And there are pretty unsensational reports showing that Kincaid was in the Yuma area at the right time, doing exploration work.
- S.Marine Corps bases nationwide.Marine Corps bases and installations currently using Defense ID include those in Yuma, Arizona, and Parris Island, South Carolina, among others.
- It is a tightly woven, black, fiberglass mesh that is purchased locally from a provider in Yuma.
- Federal investigators are looking at a farm in Yuma, Ariz., as a possible source of a widespread E. coli outbreak in romaine lettuce, ... Latest Health, Behavior, and Medical News
- At present, so much water is sucked from the Colorado that the river often fails to reach the Sea of Cortez, dooming species like the endangered desert pupfish and the Yuma clapper rail.