[ US /ˈjukəˌtæn/ ]
- a state of Mexico on the northern part of the Yucatan Peninsula
- a peninsula in Central America extending into the Gulf of Mexico between the Bay of Campeche and the Caribbean Sea
How To Use Yucatan In A Sentence
- Sala bases his work on real Maya images that have been uncovered in archeological sites throughout the Yucatán Peninsula. Evoking The Ancient Maya: Murals Of Otoniel Baruck Sala
- Every year, huge schools of little tunny, an abundant member of the tuna family, arrive to spawn in the warm Yucatan waters. Giant sharks swarm in waters off Mexico
- I regret that your post regarding retiring in Yucatan got diverted into some banal semi-intellectual discourse among cloistered word-monks of how sophisticated people refer to the anarchistic megalopolis commonly referred to about the world as Mexico City which, of course, has nothing to do with anything and much less your inquiry regarding the Yucatan Peninsula which is as removed from the Mexico City conurbation as Oughagadougou is from Beijing. Retiring in Yucatan
- A simple chicken consommé takes on a taste of the Yucatán with a squeeze of fresh lime, and zesty Central Mexican flavor is achieved by simply spooning in a little of the adobo sauce from chipotles en adobo or by adding a few sprigs of fresh mint. The lighter side of Mexican cooking
- However, it may have been the seeds that were sought after, not the flesh, which would make sense, given the central role pumpkin seeds (pepitas) play in moles and other sauces throughout Mexico, particularly in the Yucatan.
- Intriguing acoustic effects have also been noted at sites in the Americas, from Anasazi kivas in New Mexico, to Chichen Itza on Mexico's Yucatan peninsula.
- Of particular importance are the four surviving codices from the Yucatan area (the Dresden, Paris, Madrid, and Grolier). Mesoamerican Religion: Symbolism of the Gods Part One
- In 1834, the plant, now known by its scientific name agave sisalena, was transplanted from the Yucatán to southern Florida where it adapted and soon flourished. Did You Know? - Henequen - Sisal
- Here in Yucatan where an overweight person is called fatty, a one eyed person is called one eye, a dark person is called blackie, where we have a popular local band called “Nigga” worrying about being called a gringa is the least of my worries. No Problem With "Gringo"
- It has a crisp taste, a small bite, a mellow finish, and it plays well with others, i.e. the incomparable Yucatan beer Leon.