How To Use Young's modulus In A Sentence
- Young axes have higher values of structural Young's modulus than do older stages and this is reflected by the presence of fibre tissues, primary phloem fibres and collenchyma placed near the periphery of young axes.
- Oh, this is by, yeah, the square root-- And so the higher Young's modulus is, the higher the speed of sound is, and that is intuitively sort of pleasing.
- However, by conducting AFM nanoindentation experiments, the researchers found that the mummified skin had a slightly higher Young's modulus, meaning that it was slightly less elastic and stiffer than recent skin. PhysOrg.com - latest science and technology news stories
- Commercial nylon formulations often include plasticisers such as water, acids, alcohols and phenols, which reduce the yield stress and Young's modulus of the polymer, but increase the material toughness.
- Such a material can be characterized by simple moduli (ratios of stress to strain): Young's modulus, E, and Poisson's ratio,.