[ US /jəˈɹubə/ ]
- a member of a West African people living chiefly in southwestern Nigeria
- a Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba in southwestern Nigeria
How To Use Yoruba In A Sentence
- The 1974 horror film is a Blaxploitation answer to "The Exorcist," in which an archaeologist's wife is transformed into a nymphomaniac when a Yoruba trickster god takes charge of her body. Mixing and Maximizing
- Bagado spoke to him in Yoruba, sounding solicitous, respecting his elders, and made notes in his little book. BLOOD IS DIRT
- She is a three-time Grammy nominee who sings in English, French and two African languages, Yoruba and Fon.
- I would greet him with respect and all as we do in Yoruba land especially to someone that is 8 years older than you are. A GUY FROM THE PAST
- Switching between English, pidgin English, Yoruba and Nigerian slang as they rhyme and sing, they have realised that success depends on ensuring that their music reflects its place of origin and that it resonates, in as authentic a way as possible, with their audience. Music news, reviews, comment and features | guardian.co.uk
- Oya and Yemaya are both important Orishas in the Yoruba pantheon.
- The show explains that, according to the Yoruba creation myth, Ife was actually where the world began: the wellspring of all mankind. Times, Sunday Times
- The Cameroon Grasslands represent a cultural transition between west and central Africa, and the early use of boubous there is thought to result from a Hausa and Yoruba influence.
- To answer this question, we will conclude this week's piece with excerpts from a rejoinder titled "The Arithmetic of Subsidy, the 'Isiro' of Deceit" (isiro in Yoruba translates to calculation) XX by Oyewale Tomori, a Professor of Virology on page 64 in the Vanguard
- The Yoruba are the main ethnic group in the states of Ekiti, Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, and Oyo, which are subdivisions of Nigeria; they also constitute a sizable proportion of Kwara and Kogi states as well as of the Benin. Gender Sensitivity Among Nigerian Ethnic Group « Illiteracy Articles « Articles « Literacy News