[ UK /jˈɛn/ ]
[ US /ˈjɛn/ ]
[ US /ˈjɛn/ ]
have a desire for something or someone who is not present
She ached for a cigarette
I am pining for my lover
- a yearning for something or to do something
- the basic unit of money in Japan; equal to 100 sen
How To Use yen In A Sentence
- Who is willing to believe that Alexandria is exactly 5000 stadia from Syene, whatever the value of the stadium?
- Cayenne pepper, which easily loses its red colour, was tinted with cinnabar, an extremely poisonous mercury compound.
- Certainly observant Jews remember the crusaders as evil butchers, who on their way to Jerusalem, slaughtered and massacred many thousands of Jews and decimated entire Jewish communities such as Speyer, Worms and Mayencea and of course, when they arrived in Jerusalem, put the holy Jews of the city to the sword. On Thursday, the Legg report will be published along with...
- Prions tous pour nos propres pilotes à qui on a fait appel, pour une fin rapide des combats, et pour l'instauration d'un gouvernement de la Libye par les libyens qui respecte les droits de l'homme. Bishop Pierre Whalon: 'Just War' And The Intervention In Libya
- No entiendo por que le dicen arrogante a un periodista que dice la verdad a los oyentes, al pan pan y al vino vino eso es malo? Global Voices in English » Ecuador: The Departure of a Television Anchor
- Sur le coup j'me suis dit "pouaaaaaah le cauchemar!!!" en plus yen a une qui m'avait piké ma place reservé! Pinku-tk Diary Entry
- The note in question is a Japanese 1,000 yen bill that was probably a prototype of a new high-tech banknote.
- The piggybank is set to hit Japanese shops on September 6 with a price tag of 4, 935 yen ($45.76), said Bandai.
- Far more seriously, the vital turn east towards Mayenne and Alençon, intended to initiate the rolling up of the main German front in Normandy, was delayed by days. Overlord D-Day And The Battle for Normandy
- Have you ever innocently bitten into a chunk of cayenne pepper in a spicy stir-fry?