[ UK /jˈeɪ/ ]
[ US /ˈjeɪ/ ]
[ US /ˈjeɪ/ ]
not only so, but
I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice
The yeas have it
How To Use yea In A Sentence
- The difficulties of the next year or two will, no doubt, reawaken the pro-euro lobby.
- Within five years, a unified currency in 1933 the "central" issue of "legal tender" currency has been relatively stable, so Donglai Bank has to resume business.
- She has certainly branched out into more interesting work in recent years.
- The Plover is to be communicated with each year by a man-of-war — the Amphitrite is the next. The International Monthly Magazine - Volume V - No II
- The following years were characterized by rifts with Russia, in which the Ukraine jealously guarded its own independence against its overbearing neighbour.
- The defendant was released on bail until his trial next year. Times, Sunday Times
- So spake he, and Athene was mightily angered at heart, and chid Odysseus in wrathful words: Odysseus, thou hast no more steadfast might nor any prowess, as when for nine whole years continually thou didst battle with the Trojans for high born Helen, of the white arms, and many men thou slewest in terrible warfare, and by thy device the wide-wayed city of Priam was taken. Book XXII
- The question, which has been eating at Matthews for several years, is gnawing on him a couple of hours later as he decompresses at a party at Spago in Beverly Hills.
- A few years ago she was the victim of a con man.
- I'm still in contact with her - we write a couple of times a year.