- obtaining images by the use of X rays
- electromagnetic radiation of short wavelength produced when high-speed electrons strike a solid target
How To Use X-radiation In A Sentence
- If, on the other hand, as was assumed in crystallography, a regular arrangement of the atoms or the molecules in a space lattice was the basis of the shapes of the natural crystals, then, according to estimates, the distances of the points of the lattice ought to be exactly of that order of magnitude that was required for the decomposition of X-radiation in a spectrum. Nobel Prize in Physics 1924 - Presentation Speech
- Also present is a considerable background of soft radiation, which apparently is also x-radiation of non-solar or terrestrial origin.
- Photographers need to protect film from x-radiation.
- This epoch-making discovery, which not only bore upon the nature of X-radiation and the reality of the space lattice assumed in crystallography, but also placed a new means of research into the hands of Science, was rewarded with the Nobel Prize in Physics 1924 - Presentation Speech
- Using advanced X-radiation techniques, University of Missouri researchers were able to visualize one of these terminals inside of an enzyme that degrades proline, which is an amino acid that has a central role in metabolism. EurekAlert! - Breaking News
- The federal x-radiation testing completed on your product can be used to reduce or eliminate additional x-radiation testing that may be necessary for UL Listing of that same product.
- Many biologically important molecules are destroyed by exposure to x-radiation and can only be investigated by a rapid exposure method.