[ UK /ɹˈɒŋ/ ]
[ US /ˈɹɔŋ/ ]
[ US /ˈɹɔŋ/ ]
that which is contrary to the principles of justice or law
he feels that you are in the wrong
- any harm or injury resulting from a violation of a legal right
not in accord with established usage or procedure
the wrong medicine
the wrong way to shuck clams
it is incorrect for a policeman to accept gifts
not functioning properly
something is wrong with the engine
something is amiss
has gone completely haywire
an ill-timed intervention
an untimely remark
you think my intrusion unseasonable
it was the wrong moment for a joke
not correct; not in conformity with fact or truth
based on the wrong assumptions
found themselves on the wrong road
the report in the paper is wrong
your information is wrong
the clock showed the wrong time
an incorrect calculation
used of the side of cloth or clothing intended to face inward
socks worn wrong side out
characterized by errors; not agreeing with a model or not following established rules
he submitted a faulty report
an incorrect transcription
the wrong side of the road
based on or acting or judging in error
it is wrong to think that way
not appropriate for a purpose or occasion
said all the wrong things
contrary to conscience or morality or law
it is wrong for the rich to take advantage of the poor
it is wrong to lie
cheating is wrong
in an inaccurate manner
she guessed wrong
he decided to reveal the details only after other sources had reported them incorrectly
- treat unjustly; do wrong to
How To Use wrong In A Sentence
- I used to think the worst feeling was losing someone you love. But, I was wrong. The worst feeling is the moment you have lost yourself.
- A lot of them were marked, or born wrong, or crooked, or scabious, looking for help from the Nazarene, for some panacea. A ROOMFUL OF BIRDS - SCOTTISH SHORT STORIES 1990
- There were gobs of fat and sinewy bits throughout the whole rib cut - it was soooo wrong.
- All four men continue to deny any wrongdoing under the criminal and sporting proceedings. Times, Sunday Times
- We may earnestly believe that they're wrong - whether they're non-Christians, heretics, apostates, agnostics, atheists, or what have you.
- The social transition has gone wrong: it is majoritarian absolutism.
- One wrong thought may cause a lifelong regret.
- Glory to our Lord! Verily we have been doing wrong!
- The coat was buttoned up wrong.
- I could be wrong but as I recall in Batman Begins Batman 'growled' his lines just a few times but to very strong effect. All of The Dark Knight's Broken Records - Box Office Dominance! « FirstShowing.net