- a desk for writing (usually with a sloping top)
- a portable case containing writing materials and having a writing surface
How To Use writing desk In A Sentence
- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~References~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ la veste (f) = jacket; la plume (f) = feather (pen); une écritoire (f) = portable writing desk; Marcel = Marcel Pagnol, 19th 20th century French novelist from Marseilles; Je vous souhaite bonne lecture! nom d'emprunt - French Word-A-Day
- When my sister is away, the house deteriorates – the dining table becomes an art studio, mugs fill with ink and brushes, test prints drift off the writing desk, and the counter is littered with cups of cumquat and rosella tea. Calendar, continued
- Five in a jar on your writing desk.
- Antique and handmade furniture, including a writing desk and sofa, complete the shabby chic look. Times, Sunday Times
- She pulled the low writing desk to the divan, and reached into the jar.
- Then there was the writing desk; a substantial structure that bore no relation to the pindling rose-and-cream affairs that graced the guest rooms. Cheerful—By Request
- A marble mantle clock made ￡170; an Edwardian dressing table ￡240 and an inlaid writing desk ￡230.
- The body was lying facedown on the rug in one corner near a high monk-style writing desk that had a stool behind it. MURDER IN E MINOR
- The Honourable Sir Ralph Mountharten sharply rapped his meerschaum pipe against the surface of his mahogany writing desk.
- Time was when I allowed an ironing board to double as a writing desk. Times, Sunday Times