[ UK /ɹˈaɪtɪŋ/ ]
[ US /ˈɹaɪtɪŋ/ ]
[ US /ˈɹaɪtɪŋ/ ]
the act of creating written works
it was a matter of disputed authorship
writing was a form of therapy for him
(usually plural) the collected work of an author
the idea occurs with increasing frequency in Hemingway's writings
letters or symbols that are written or imprinted on a surface to represent the sounds or words of a language
the doctor's writing was illegible
he turned the paper over so the writing wouldn't show
the work of a writer; anything expressed in letters of the alphabet (especially when considered from the point of view of style and effect)
that editorial was a fine piece of writing
the writing in her novels is excellent
the activity of putting something in written form
she did the thinking while he did the writing
How To Use writing In A Sentence
- If we have spent several class periods introducing conventions of reasoned evidence in argumentative writing, we usually look for such features in student papers.
- In 1984, he started Oh Boy as an outlet for his songwriting.
- At this point, I can't think of a job I'd like more than a writing gig.
- My writing partner is a violent, chauvinistic semi-literate adolescent.
- I blame it all on becca who called me in the middle of the night to talk to me all about how the two best friends names are Kate and Becca and that the main character lives in apartment 601 as my address and other kooky details that i have been trying to forget nightly since i saw that movie, And then every sound is that kid coming out of the television and im only writing about it now in order to expunge as i fear she will grab hold of my foot from under the desk and eat me or turn me into something decomposing or whatever it is she does. i-claudius Diary Entry
- Once upon a time there were three beautiful girls who went to a writing college, and they were each assigned very hazardous duties.
- Tonight is a big night, because tonight I am going to my first creative writing class.
- Get an up close insight on the early song writing technics that produced several timeless Lynyrd Skynyrd Albums. Ronnie Van Zant Speaks « Lynyrd Skynyrd Dixie
- A wistful little architectural songwriting gem. Times, Sunday Times
- And then I got there and they're like, no, you're writing sketches for other people, which I had never done and I was really kind of bummed because I had auditioned like two or three times. Zach Galifianakis: A Comedic Actor Takes A Dark Turn