[ UK /ɹˈaɪt/ ]
[ US /ˈɹaɪt/ ]
[ US /ˈɹaɪt/ ]
mark or trace on a surface
Russian is written with the Cyrillic alphabet
The artist wrote Chinese characters on a big piece of white paper
Beethoven composed nine symphonies
communicate (with) in writing
Write her soon, please!
record data on a computer
boot-up instructions are written on the hard disk
produce a literary work
He wrote four novels
She composed a poem
create code, write a computer program
She writes code faster than anybody else
write or name the letters that comprise the conventionally accepted form of (a word or part of a word)
He spelled the word wrong in this letter
communicate or express by writing
He wrote about his great love for his wife
How To Use write In A Sentence
- Intellectual Dublin seemed no longer to consist of writers, but of folk singers, bearded or otherwise.
- Howie is a well-known writer and clown.
- Hesher (Director: Spencer Susser; Screenwriters: Spencer Susser and David Michod; Story by Brian Charles Frank) — A mysterious, anarchical trickster descends on the lives of a family struggling to deal with a painful loss. Sundance 2010 Competition Lineup Arrives, And Here Are Some Highlights » MTV Movies Blog
- So you blurb the writer rather than the book, so you just know that that's going to be the one they stick on the cover.
- 'If he _has not fulfilled_ his promise to write,' but 'If he _did not write_ as he undertook to do' ([Greek: _egrapsen huposchomenos_]); nor 'If he _has commenced and finished_,' but 'If he _commenced and finished_' ([Greek: _arxamenos sunetelese_]). A Reply to Dr. Lightfoot's Essays
- Today's lesson focuses on how to write a summary of a news article.
- Sometimes I go through spells when I just draw, when I just write, when I just paint.
- The fun was subsidised by the huge salaries writers were receiving from the Hollywood dream factory.
- If you defocus from the embedded Zoho Writer you pretty much kill it. The problem with mash-ups « Squash
- Zunun Kadir, the famous writer, playwright and fabulist, was the founder and the pioneer of the contemporary Uighur literature.