- a war between the Allies (Australia, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Czechoslovakia, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Ethiopia, France, Greece, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, India, Iran, Iraq, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Philippines, Poland, South Africa, United Kingdom, United States, USSR, Yugoslavia) and the Axis (Albania, Bulgaria, Finland, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Japan, Rumania, Slovakia, Thailand) from 1939 to 1945
How To Use World War II In A Sentence
- This World War II romance film makes Amanda feel all warm and cozy, as only stories of convicts and shell-shocked veterans can.
- Tradition took root and the ball has heralded a new beginning almost every year since - in 1942 and 1943, during World War II, the ball was temporarily put out of commission by a war-time "dimout. TIME.com: Top Stories
- Neither in World War II nor in the Cold War did US administrations go so far in restricting civil liberties or arrogating unlimited power to the executive branch.
- He was a transition figure - the last of the World War II heroic generals and the first of a new breed, the managerial generals.
- the Marshall Plan helped Europe recover from World War II
- We had no idea that this arcane "mother of all crimes" - ignored since World War II - would ever again seize public attention as it has recently, because of the conduct of John Fonda
- Thus before World War II bridegrooms were 27 year old on the average and brides 23.
- There's been an interesting mini-trend in operatic directing in the past few months: updating 19th-century comic operas to World War II settings. We'll Meet Again
- Before shipping out to Europe with the Army Air Corps during World War II, my father loaned his buddy $20.
- Hitler attacked Poland on September 1, 1939 and started World War II