- a day on which work is done
the amount of time that a worker must work for an agreed daily wage
they work an 8-hour day
How To Use working day In A Sentence
- My observation is that only a small number of cars move from their spaces during the working day.
- Prepare a computer schedule for a typical working day when the systems described in 5.2.5 are available to Oxford University Press.
- But now not many people have elevenses, or a formal pause at any other time in the working day, skipping lunch and grabbing a snack when they can.
- Benefits include free furnished accommodation, 30 working days annual leave, family airfares, medical care and children's educational assistance.
- Kindly bear with us for another 2 working days and I can assure you that we will surely update you with the status.
- In Britain, more working days are lost due to stress-related illness than to industrial action.
- Vic's working day is lubricated by endless cups of coffee.
- Emergency care consists of placing a suitable dentine lining material on to the fractured dentine, and so prompt treatment by a dentist within the same working day or at least by the following morning is required.
- Your working day will need to be organized with military precision.
- In addition, strikes involving the loss of working days can seriously disrupt production and lower output. Collins Dictionary of Economics