a social class comprising those who do manual labor or work for wages
there is a shortage of skilled labor in this field
How To Use working class In A Sentence
- In other words, agriculture provided labour for the new factories in the towns and, eventually, food supplies to feed the new industrial working class.
- Managerial and middle-class occupations are over-represented in its ranks, while the working class is proportionately under-represented.
- As Third World capitalism develops, the working class is destined to play its classic revolutionary role.
- The 1867 Reform Act extended the franchise to much of the male working class.
- We have to organise a new international working class response to the crisis of capitalist economy and society.
- The working class is under-represented in membership, and the professional middle class is over-represented.
- But the new working class of former rural folk did not make the transition to industrial wage labor easily or without protesting in subtle and indirect ways. America Past and Present
- Then whyever would one expect them to vote for the Republican candidate over Obama, who will then be the clearly more populist, combative candidate with working class concerns at heart? Dianne Feinstein: I'm Sticking By Hillary
- Behind the question of course lies a deep ignorance of the reality of life in working class communities.
- Fronted by Alan Donohoe, they specialise in creating angular working class anthems that are packed with sharp, edgy guitars and socially relevant lyrics.