- an educational plan in which students alternate between paid employment and formal study
How To Use work-study program In A Sentence
- Faculty sponsors pay 30 percent of students' wages; the college work-study program pays 70 percent.
- A few days later, I found a part-time job working in the library through the work-study program, one of the few financial aid benefits I was able to qualify for.
- At the same time, government aid benefiting working class students, such as the student work-study program and grants contingent on financial need, have grown more slowly than tuition.
- It just happened that every time I signed up on a work-study program, I was sent to a golf course.
- ‘We believe that we can assist [students] through scholarships, bursaries, work-study programs and other means of financial assistance,’ said Piper.
- The platform backed grants, loans, and work-study programs for students as well as continuing to favor tax credits to help offset the cost of college for needy students.
- Offer a work-study program through your local high school or community college.
- Today, there are hundreds of scholarships, grants, work-study programs, and government loans to help finance students' educational needs.
- And they said time sheets for students in a federal work-study program either had no supervisor's approval or were approved before the work period ended.
- She hired seven students from local colleges and high schools that have work-study programs.