cause to go away through effort or work
work off the extra pounds you have gained over the holidays
we must work off the debt
How To Use work off In A Sentence
- His work offers an insight into an alien culture.
- She went for a brisk walk to work off her frustration.
- By maintaining rigor in pricing deals, managing employee and nonemployee costs, collecting and conserving cash and moving work offshore," the company has improved its operating margin and profit, Chief Financial Officer S. Mahalingam said in a statement. Tata Consultancy Net Jumps on Cost Controls
- Seeing a murder on television... can help work off one's antagonisms. And if you haven't any antagonisms, the commercials will give you some. Alfred Hitchcock
- Second, the old-boy network offered a time-honoured alternative to advertising, particularly for the most senior appointments.
- The flagman on the road let us through between loads, and we drove to the work office. FOOLS GOLD
- This work offers the potential to shrink accelerators from miles to meters in length and open a range of new applications, from medicine to high-energy physics.
- LAN can scan out of all DHCP servers, network officials to be particularly useful.
- He thought that the heavy work would help him to work off his anger.
- The work offers a holistic way forward in feminist theology and it is expected that the challenge of the womanists will be eagerly taken up by the mainstream church as a sign of grace.