to exert effort in order to do, make, or perform something
the child worked at the multiplication table until she had it down cold
How To Use work at In A Sentence
- None of the fathers' job descriptions given on the birth certificate referred to work at a nuclear establishment.
- I have also used * toothpaste* to clean the screen; if you work at it, the toothpaste abrasives will get rid of hairline scratches on the screen surface. CIS Threads #1: Interesting Threads from the TRS Model 100 Forum Messages by Phil Wheeler
- I find it hard to work at home because there are too many distractions.
- She can tell you why the zebrafish's genome is particularly useful for determining how human bodies work at the primary level. Times, Sunday Times
- I based myself at Ibsen's, an art-filled eco-friendly hotel on fashionable Nansensgade, an easy walk from the city center and after viewing artwork at the National Gallery of Denmark, I lunched at Aamann's, specializing in a modern take on the traditional open-faced Danish sandwich called the smorrebrod. Jill Fergus: Copenhagen Dining Beyond Noma
- Have positive work attitude and be willing and able to work diligently without supervision.
- Why would someone who is caught up in prestige want to work at a University where connections count for more than accomplishment or ability?
- There was also intensive construction work at the wind park during the past two years. Times, Sunday Times
- I often start work at the crack of dawn when there is a big order to get out.
- “Many of our graduates go on to work at VFX studios where their job is to fill in gaps in television episodes with effects,” he said. DAVE School: The CGI Secret of Star Trek: Phase II | Fan Cinema Today