- one of the traditional categories of words intended to reflect their functions in a grammatical context
How To Use word class In A Sentence
- Especially during the heyday of Bloomfieldian structuralism, linguists were scathing of conceptual definitions of word classes.
- How can we automatically tag each word of a text with its word class?
- To assign a word to a particular word class - to say of a word that it is a noun, verb, or whatever - is to claim that the word instantiates the schematically characterized word class.
- Specifically, if the capitalization of the initial letter of nouns serves as a cue for word class, it should affect structural extraction and thereby the missing-letter effect.
- Cognitive grammar has adoptedapproach to word classes from that of traditional grammar or structural linguistics.
- This administration has personified the word classless from day one. "Na Na Na Na/Na Na Na Na/Hey Hey Hey/Good-bye."
- In order to explicitly represent the vowelized word forms, each non-vowelized word entry is considered as a word class regrouping all of its associated vowelized forms.
- Every word valuable, every word classic, incisive paragraphs, chapters exquisite, beautiful Yiziqianjin lin, ringing, sharp pen of the document took dreams Think Progress » Tea Partiers Get Their News From Fox And Are More Likely To Justify Violence Against The Government
- Again, in accordance with the structural account, it seems that the correct use of the lowercase d as initial letter in articles, even if it is enlarged, is diagnostic of word class.
- 181 The word classically means the cypress or the juniper-tree: in Jeremiah, where it occurs twice (xvii. 6 and xlviii. 6), the Authorized Version renders it by The Land of Midian