[ UK /wˈʊmən/ ]
[ US /ˈwʊmən/ ]
[ US /ˈwʊmən/ ]
women as a class
it's an insult to American womanhood
woman is the glory of creation
the fair sex gathered on the veranda
a female person who plays a significant role (wife or mistress or girlfriend) in the life of a particular man
he was faithful to his woman
an adult female person (as opposed to a man)
the woman kept house while the man hunted
a human female employed to do housework
the char will clean the carpet
I have a woman who comes in four hours a day while I write
How To Use woman In A Sentence
- He had just received my check and was apoplectic with rage, declaring he never wanted to see or have anything to do with ‘that woman’ - meaning me - again.
- Hillary's woman problem is that her reach among women over 30 I don't want to use the term older women is unlikely to change much. Hillary's Woman Problem Part II
- The woman herself lay in Epsom Cottage Hospital for four days without regaining consciousness.
- A 19-year-old man was killed and four other people, including a pregnant woman, were injured when their car was riddled with bullets by the soldiers.
- Jim had hustled over quietly and begun to help out with the horseshoeing, expecting ridicule from the likes of Hugh Glass or old Zeke Williams, who had just arrived at the rendezvous, but, to his surprise, the fact that he was married to a woman of such pure fire produced the very opposite of the effect he had feared. The Berrybender Narratives
- At around 11 am that day a pensioner foiled another attempted scam by a man and woman in Central Avenue, Gravesend.
- A homeless woman is back on the streets again after being evicted from a telephone box.
- One of these gentlemen just happens to be the madwoman's father, a charming chap who seems unfazed by most things in this day and age.
- Such a man or woman is slave to his or her social position and wealth.
- The woman is white, in her late twenties to early thirties, roughly five feet five inches tall and of medium build.