[ UK /wˈaɪz/ ]
[ US /ˈwaɪz/ ]
[ US /ˈwaɪz/ ]
- United States religious leader (born in Bohemia) who united reform Jewish organizations in the United States (1819-1900)
- United States Jewish leader (born in Hungary) (1874-1949)
How To Use Wise In A Sentence
- Intellectual Dublin seemed no longer to consist of writers, but of folk singers, bearded or otherwise.
- I have to find grass and bring it up to them, otherwise they'll die. Times, Sunday Times
- And, yes, the otherwise companionless apartment smelled like love for a few weeks each spring. The Orangery
- Drinkwise Day is mainly designed to educate people about the destructive effects of alcohol abuse.
- Silence is the rule for our heroes, and that means a bit of extra claustrophobia to scenes that would otherwise be totally generic.
- Likewise, it was ixnay on the ommentcay when asked about reports that former show exec producer Nigel Lythgoe is returning triumphant to the show after having been pushed aside a couple of seasons back when that was their Really Bright Idea for jump-starting "Idol" and revving up ratings. 'D.C. Cupcakes' will get second season; only Ryan Seacrest certain on 'Idol'
- Companies need to be able to handle surges, otherwise the cost of generating leads is wasted and prospective customers who cannot get through may get such a bad impression of the company that they do not bother calling back.
- I don't otherwise want to move: I have a large place in a convenient location with reasonable rent that allows pets, which isn't easy to find.
- It likewise furthered the career of Mary Shelley as "The Author of Frankenstein," the rubric under which she continued her anonymous publication with a second novel immersed in medieval Italian history, Valperga: or, The Life and Adventures of Castruccio, Prince of Lucca (1823). Biography
- It's ludicrous to suggest otherwise. Times, Sunday Times