[ UK /wˈɪnɪŋ/ ]
[ US /ˈwɪnɪŋ/ ]
[ US /ˈwɪnɪŋ/ ]
succeeding with great difficulty
winning is not everything
the winning team
the victorious entry
very attractive; capturing interest
something inexpressibly taking in his manner
a winning personality
a fetching new hairstyle
How To Use winning In A Sentence
- When Modin scored from the right circle to make it 3-0, it looked bleak for the Devils, who rallied from one-goal deficits twice before winning Game 2 in overtime. USATODAY.com - Tampa Bay creeps closer to New Jersey with 4-3 win
- A UT cheerleader named Harley Clark syllogized: A & M has a hand sign, A & M is winning, UT has no hand sign, therefore UT is losing.
- RITA-award-winning author and WU contributor Barbara Samuel is auctioning off some critiques on eBay in order to raise money for the AVON breast cancer walk in late June. Writer Unboxed » 2008 » June
- Helping him to do so, meanwhile, is Proteus' feisty betrothed, Marina, who gives as good as she gets in helping to ensure Sinbad doesn't stray from his path, while winning over the respect of his crew.
- Winning the Varsity matches, and in reasonably comfortable fashion, is cause for celebration.
- The tension has been telling on both sides as campaign strategists struggle to identify potential winning themes, not to mention winning voters, in their headlong sprint to the finish.
- After winning the TAFC title moments earlier, Austin's dragster, which he purchased from the estate of the late Gary Ormsby, broke at the start of the burnout in the Top Fuel final.
- In the final match, Lara scored yet another hundred but this was so frantic and frenzied that it could not stop the Australians from winning the match and squaring the series.
- Let us not lose track of the fact that she is a fringe extremist with as much chance of winning state-wide election as Mel Gibson has of winning a commendation from the National Organization of Women. Dylan Brody: Christine O'Donnell Is Just a Stalking Horse in Cute Pumps
- And in another boost to Land Securities' hopes of winning permission this time round, ordinary members of the public have given a generally favourable response to the scheme.