[ UK /wˈɪŋ/ ]
[ US /ˈwɪŋ/ ]
[ US /ˈwɪŋ/ ]
- a hockey player stationed in a forward position on either side
- (in flight formation) a position to the side and just to the rear of another aircraft
a group within a political party or legislature or other organization that holds distinct views or has a particular function
they are the progressive wing of the Republican Party
- one of the horizontal airfoils on either side of the fuselage of an airplane
the side of military or naval formation
they attacked the enemy's right flank
- a unit of military aircraft
- an addition that extends a main building
the wing of a fowl
he preferred the drumsticks to the wings
- a stage area out of sight of the audience
a barrier that surrounds the wheels of a vehicle to block splashing water or mud
in Britain they call a fender a wing
- a movable organ for flying (one of a pair)
travel through the air; be airborne
Man cannot fly
How To Use wing In A Sentence
- The following years were characterized by rifts with Russia, in which the Ukraine jealously guarded its own independence against its overbearing neighbour.
- I reassured him it was secure by logging into my account and viewing his profile. Computing
- Thus, the power of drawing iron is one of the ideas of the complex one of that substance we call a loadstone; and a power to be so drawn is a part of the complex one we call iron: which powers pass for inherent qualities in those subjects. An Essay Concerning Human Understanding
- First to unfold were the two 14-foot-wide drogue chutes, which oriented the craft and continued slowing it.
- The extended period of damage was probably brought on by the cool/wet growing conditions.
- The 27 models on display in Washington, supplemented by paintings, drawings, sculpture and medallions, show the products of a rising social structure and new technique.
- We all are monoplane wing angel, only then hugs, can soar.
- Sewage overflowed into wash basins at West Middlesex Hospital following a blockage in one of the toilets.
- To reduce the wing trim drag, the fuselage was fitted with lateral surfaces called chines, which actually converted the forward fuselage into a fixed canard which developed lift.
- People were simply showing their deep respect, their real admiration and their love for one they felt had touched their lives.