[ UK /wˈɪndbɹeɪk/ ]
- hedge or fence of trees designed to lessen the force of the wind and reduce erosion
How To Use windbreak In A Sentence
- One important fall form of soil conservation is the used of windbreaks.
- Steve McQueen Everett Collection Steve McQueen, 1968 The Look : Blue Steel shawl collars, turtlenecks, flat-front khakis, dungarees, shearling coats, windbreakers. Dress Like an Icon
- T-shirts and V-neck jerseys featured in this collection, along with several bomber jackets and windbreakers.
- Case in point: Our favorite rocket tyke sports a windbreaker and slacks (good-bye red undies and go-go boots), but his original powers (x-ray vision and turbo butt) remain unchanged.
- I was shown some brave attempts to green the town and to get a windbreak going, but the real issue here is housing.
- Use a windbreak to protect unclad limbs from chronic goosepimpling and to stake out your territory so that other families don't stray too close.
- The vibrant palette of beach paraphernalia, stripes on windbreaks and seaside rock translates with ease into kaleidoscopic designs in fused glass.
- Fitzgerald began by planting windbreaks of Monteray pine and cypress, sycamore and escallonia to protect an amazing collection of plants from the southern hemisphere.
- In an exposed garden, it is worth putting up a temporary windbreak to protect the cuttings from drying winds.
- I planted it as a windbreak, but now it has started to run wild, suckering, expanding and blocking out all other plants in its path.