- a musical instrument in which the sound is produced by an enclosed column of air that is moved by bellows or the human breath
How To Use wind instrument In A Sentence
- The Australian didgeridoo or yidaki is a simple wind instrument, yet a good player can coax from it a variety of timbres greater than that of many an orchestral instrument.
- But he said he also drew on his own experience with wind instruments: he plays the recorder, the oboe and the crumhorn. NYT > Home Page
- The traditional instruments are bagpipes, reed flutes, drums, and wind instruments.
- Developed from the dulcian, the bassoon has never acquired a fashionable status among woodwind instruments.
- Diagrams relating fingering to notes have occasionally been used for such wind instruments as the recorder, flageolet, oboe, and clarinet in instrumental tutors since the 16th century.
- In woodwind instruments, such as the recorder or flute, the pitch of the note depends on the length of the closed tube.
- The parrots who came to me later in life—peach-faced lovebirds, two cockatiels, a crimson rosella—preferred female voices to brassy wind instruments, particularly Joni Mitchell. Birdology
-  "The shalm, or shawm, was a wind instrument, like a pipe, with a swelling protuberance in the middle. Rookwood
- Furthermore, all manner of wind instruments are used to create discordant noises that sound dangerously close to flatulence.
- He played quite well, especially the wind instruments, but simply couldn't make up for all the lost musicians, and the judges finally stopped him when he started humming the decrescendos.