make (someone) agree, understand, or realize the truth or validity of something
He had finally convinced several customers of the advantages of his product
How To Use win over In A Sentence
- In Iowa, he didn't just win over the Democrats, the college-educated over $55K under 60 crowd, he won overjust about everybody that wasn't a die-hard Republican. Hillary's NH Lead In Suffolk Tracking Poll Cut By Nearly Half
- In other matches University made it two wins in a row with a 4-2 win over Whippersnappers, although University slipped back to their bad habits and defaulted the bottom two boards.
- WOLVES ended a run of eight games without victory with a win over fellow strugglers Wigan. The Sun
- Alejandro Bedoya 90 in Orebro's 3-0 win over Halmstad Americans abroad
- The Shrimps recorded a 2-1 win over Fleet - and that wiped away the nightmare of last season's 6-0 drubbing at Stonebridge Road.
- Ruby's overanalytical, fast-paced and authentic narration will win over new devotees, while her loyal fans will no doubt hope for more. E. Lockhart's Blog:
- (AP) - Jeremy Maclin racked up 275 total yards and scored two touchdowns and Tony Temple added two TDs to lead Missouri to a 52-24 win over Western Michigan on Saturday. USATODAY.com - College Football - W. Michigan vs. Missouri
- The constant barrage of earnestly delivered silliness should win over even the hardest hearts.
- In the Hampton Roads region Tuesday, Rep. Glenn Nye (D) swung from a 5-point win over an incumbent two years ago to an 11-point loss against auto dealer Scott Rigell (R). Democrats took a bruising, but state's still in 'purple' territory
- WOODRUFF: And just as important, he is hoping to win over you, the voters in the United States, with what he calls plain-spoken words about his priorities. CNN Transcript - Special Event: President Bush Addresses Congress and the Democrats Respond - February 27, 2001